The Jarrah Forest Lodge is perfectly adapted to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts enjoying the variety of trails that connect in beautiful Dwellingup. Whether you are on the Bibbulmun Track, Munda Biddi, or other mountain bike trails, you will find a comfortable bed and hot shower waiting at the lodge.
- We gladly accept and store your personal packages sent to the Dwellingup Post Office in advance of your stay.
- We offer a “Trails Care Package” $30, complete with toiletries and a cooked breakfast.
- *Starting Jan 1, 2023 linen will be provided and included in your room price. Our Jan 1st 2023 price increase reflects the exciting addition of new linen provided for every booking.
- While booking, look for the “Trails Price” $55, a special discounted single occupancy room rate just for trail runners, walkers and riders!
The lodge is within walking distance of the Dwellingup Visitors Centre and Waypoints Cafe and Bike Shop, which boasts a laundry facility and loads of information about all the trails in the area.
The Jarrah Forest Lodge is available to school children and groups of all ages for outdoor adventure, nature play and environmental education. The forest around the lodge is leased from the Department of Biodiversity Conservation Attractions (DBCA). As such, we appreciate all guests enjoying the lodge respectful of the following guidelines:
- We are sorry there are no dogs or pets allowed on the premises or DBCA land.
- Please keep noise levels to a minimum especially in the evenings. We abide by Shire of Murray noise ordinance. “No amplified music, no loud noise after 10 pm.”
- Put all rubbish and recyclables in bins provided. Be respectful of other guests enjoying the lodge.
- We care about your safety! Please be mindful of hazards associated with uneven trails, pathways and steps. Please take extra care around the fire pit, pizza oven and wood burning stoves.
The Jarrah Forest Lodge consists of 16 single/twinshare ‘Cadet’ rooms and 3 Family Rooms. On site you will find a newly renovated large open plan commercial-grade kitchen and dining room, completely remodeled bathrooms, recreation room, gazebo with pic-nic benches, BBQ, wood-fired pizza oven, fire pit and undercover parking.
The Forest Heritage Centre Inc. is a volunteer, community-based not-for-profit organisation specialising in areas of Arts, Culture and the Environment. Located in the beautiful Jarrah forests of Dwellingup and trading as the Forest Discovery Centre (FDC), the Centre has a vibrant history and was once home to the WA School of Fine Wood.
Jarrah Forest Lodge
The Forest Heritage Centre Inc. is a volunteer, community-based not-for-profit organisation specialising in areas of Arts, Culture and the Environment. Located in the beautiful Jarrah forests of Dwellingup, and trading as the Forest Discovery Centre (FDC), the Centre has a vibrant history and was once home to the WA School of Fine Wood.
The Forest Discovery Centre has its own accommodation facility, the Jarrah Forest Lodge (JFL), which provides an affordable single, shared and family room spaces with access to modern bathrooms, community kitchen and dining area, recreation room and conference room. An outside gazebo has a seasonal woodfired pizza oven and fire pit for visitors. The JFL enables the organisation to support local artists and the community by providing maker space to run workshops and short courses.Read More